Elite Care Coppell Will Team up with Carter Blood Care to Host Community Blood Drive
Our Elite Care Emergency Center in Coppell will be partnering with Carter Blood Care and hosting a community blood drive on Friday, January 10, 2014 from 1:00 PM- 4:30 PM.
The American Red Cross provides the following facts about:
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- Type O-negative blood (red cells) can be transfused to patients of all blood types. It is always in great demand and often in short supply.
- Type AB-positive plasma can be transfused to patients of all other blood types. AB plasma is also usually in short supply.
Blood Donation Process:
- A healthy donor may donate red blood cells every 56 days, or double red cells every 112 days.
- A healthy donor may donate platelets as few as 7 days apart, but a maximum of 24 times a year.
If you’re eligible to donate blood and would like to help save lives and make a difference in your own community, please click here to secure your blood donation appointment time for our blood drive at Elite Care Coppell.
(Click here for directions to our facility.)